[Localization] Feature exception request for Write toolbars (Was: Sucrose 0.85.5 Tarballs Due)

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Sep 9 05:40:51 EDT 2009

On 09/08/2009 06:09 PM, Gary C Martin wrote:
> On 7 Sep 2009, at 09:45, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>
>> * Toolbars
>> As the toolbars work is not too trivial in terms of code changes you
>> have to ask for a Feature Exception as well. Please send it out in time,
>> that we can evaluate it. Criteria for acceptance:
>>
>> - The code is not invasive. Most of your code should move old
>> functionality around. You should not change the logic of the activity
>> besides that. Please provide a diff for that.
>>
>> - Those changes could compromise your activity easily. Your new activity
>> has to be tested by minimum two persons if all the functionality is
>> still there.
>
> Just wanted to let the list formally know I am finished with the Write
> toolbar re-work and ask for a Write feature exception. The git rep is
> here, hopefully the commit comments should be clear for those wanting to
> see what got changed/moved about. Writes old toolbars were quite
> extensive, so there's a fair amount toolbar code that needed to be moved
> around, but the majority of it is not new code:
>
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/write/repos/garycmartins-toolbar-clone
>
> No new features added.
>
> No new strings needed (all were already in Write.pot).
>
> Tested here in an F11 sugar-jhbuild, but would like to see some other
> give it a run through.
>
> Here's some screen shots of the toolbar (sorry Fred, didn't get around
> to tweaking table insert/remove, row/column icons, next time):

> Regards,
> --Gary

Gary and myself fixed and cleaned up all the remaining issues we could
find with the Write toolbars. We both did testing.

Big extra thanks to Gary for paying attention to not violate string
freeze. And all the icons he did...

Both of us are responsible to fix any bugs in the Write toolbar.

I would vote this through.

Simon