[Localization] Tamil localization

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Wed May 20 07:32:16 EDT 2009

Hello,

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Deependra Ariyadewa <deep at myperl.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 4:03 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:51 AM, Deependra Ariyadewa <deep at myperl.org>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > Sri Lanka OLPC pilot project is about to begin. There are schools those
>> > use
>> > Tamil as the main Language in the pilot project therefore we have to
>> > speed
>> > up the Tamil translation project.
>> >
>> > We have a Tamil translation team formed in University of Colombo School
>> > of
>> > computing Sri Lanka.
>> >
>> > Please give proper rights to do Tamil localization for the following
>> > pootle
>> > users.
>> >
>> > deep kaleel raveendra1972 Nimalan kaan73
>> >

>> Sounds good :). Thanks for jumping in. I will be creating the
>> projects. However before that, could you tell me
>>
>> a) Are you going to use the 8.2.1 release ?
>
> I am not sure about the sugar version in the latest OLPC shipment. All the
> 1000 machines still with Ministry of Education.

Ok - assuming that you guys decide to go with 8.2.1 (which is OLPC's
latest release), I have given you rights for the relevant projects.
Please try to complete glucose82 fructose82 and honey before moving on
to the other projects.
When you want to test your work, let me know and I'll guide you guys
through the langpack generation process.

>> b) One of you will need to be administrator. Who will be the admin ?
>> Can I have his/her username please
>
> kaleel is the lead of the University of Colombo School of Computing Tamil
> Localization team. Kaleel's Pootle user name is " kaleel ".
>>

>> Also, if you haven't done so, please log into Pootle and add Tamil to
>> the list of languages in your options page.
>
> All the Tamil localizatoin team has added the Tamil as a language in to
> their account.
>
> Team Memebers  pootle user names. [ deep, kaleel, raveendra1972, Nimalan,
> kaan73]

I have given kaleel admin access. Apart from that, I gave
raveendra1972 translator access. However, I did not see deep, Nimalan
and kaan73 (though there was a khan73) in the list. You sure you added
Tamil to your language list ? Once you have done so, you can also ask
kaleel to give you access, since he has admin access now.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta