[Localization] Problem configuring Khmer as default keyboard

Philipp Kocher philipp.kocher at gmx.net
Tue Jul 7 02:35:58 EDT 2009

Hello

At the moment we have the US keyboard active after startup and we can
switch to the Khmer keyboard.

We would like to have the Khmer keyboard active after startup and the
ability to switch to the US keyboard.

I tried the following configuration in /etc/sysconfig/keyboard:
  KEYTABLE="us"
  XKB_MODEL="olpc"
  XKB_LAYOUT="kh,us"
  XKB_VARIANT="olpc,olpc2"

This configuration makes Khmer the default keyboard, but has unwelcome
side effects when switching to the US keyboard (e.g. <Space> doesn't
work anymore and <Ctrl>+c in the terminal prints a Khmer character).

Any suggestions what I have to change?

Best regards,
Philipp