[Localization] Fwd: OLPCorps : a summer grant program for student initiatives?

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Wed Feb 25 07:31:44 EST 2009

If you have a moment, please help translate the note below; especially
into French, Spanish, German, and Arabic.  We are especially
interested in getting feedback from university students in Africa.

--SJ

Hello,

A group of students who have worked on two small deployments in Africa
over the past year have been designing an OLPCorps Africa project, to
encourage students everywhere to found and contribute to
locally-supported school projects.

You can find their proposal at
 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPCorps_Africa

OLPC is considering this seriously for promotion and funding this
summer.  Paul Commons from Indiana University has been leading the
proposal development.

I'd like to hear people's thoughts.   I have my own, but for now I'll
limit myself to saying:  I see as many clever high school as
university students, who need similarly grand projects to aspire to...
and until children /with/ XOs can't propose their own, our meta-"view
source" key isn't working properly.

SJ