[Localization] Repeated strings

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Tue Feb 17 04:18:07 EST 2009

Hi everyone :)

I've struck repeated stings in Honey, and I think in other Sugar files
(many examples, e.g.):

"Preset 1"

"Preset 2"

"Preset 3"

"Preset 4"

"Preset 5"

which could be replaced with one string:

"Preset %d"

Can we request here (CC'd to Chris Leonard) that strings which only
vary in the number involved be replaced with placeholders?

Please do so: this is an efficiency move, and avoids mistakes from
busy translators whose fingers slip on the Copy'n'Paste keys. It also
motivates translators when their time is used effectively.

If this request shouldn't go here, to whom should I write?

Thanks for your help. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n