[Localization] string freeze violation request

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 00:30:03 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>wrote:

> I would like to release a new version of Turtle Art, but I had to make
> some string changes of late, hence this request.
>
> I added a new toolbar and tool tips.
>
> There are a number of other strings that I submitted before string
> freeze, but as far as I know, they have not been translated either.
>
> I did make sure that the es.po file is complete in any case.
>
> -walter

I have been pestering various teams (as nicely as possible) to complete
their strings and I have been gratified by the level of response by so many
language teams.  That said, I would speak in favor of granting Walter's
request for the break in string freeze for TurtleArt.  It is not his "elder
statesman" status in the community that prompts me to argue in his favor,
but rather Walter's status as a new and vigorous activity maintainer that
has worked very hard to be responsive to feedback from deployments in adding
features to the activity.  On that basis, I am in favor of breaking the
string freeze to incorporate the new TA strings to bring those improvements
to as many users as possible.

cjl

P.S. Walter, you may have missed your calling by going off and founding and
leading foundations, you should really code more, the results are looking
great!