[Localization] XS School Server Installation - No GUI

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Dec 16 20:43:18 EST 2009

2009/12/16 Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com>

> Gabriel,
>
> You might want to ask that question over on the server-devel list, I
> suspect they will be able to help you more effectively.

> cjl
>

> 2009/12/16 Γαβριήλ Τασιόπουλος <gabriel.tasiopoulos at gmail.com>
>
>> Hello. I have a couple of XO's and some netbooks with Sugar on a Stick so
>> I wanted to set up School Server on my laptop to complement them and test
>> work scenarios. The installation went smoothly and after all 546 packages
>> were installed I rebooted the computer. Fedora started loading and after
>> entering root it welcomed me to School Server, without any GUI.
>>
>> Is there something I have to run to get the GUI? Maybe install additional
>> files?
>>
>> Your input will be really appreciated. Thank's in advance,
>>
>> Gabriel.

The school server does not have a GUI and is largely designed to run
headless. Most of what the teacher has to do is done via Moodle (
http://schoolserver/moodle)

I suppose you could su - and then run yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop
Environment"

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems