[Localization] adding a language

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 09:30:28 EDT 2009

Regina,

We will be happy to add the PO files for localization into Kosrean to the
Pootle server.  You should create an account on that server for use in
translating.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/

Part of setting up a new language is configuring the proper formula for
handling singular versus plural forms.  The details of this are described
here:

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/l10n/pluralforms

Could you please review that page provide the number of plural forms and
possibly the "plural equation" (as described there) so that we can set up
lang-kos properly for localization.

Another important part of setting up a new language is to identify someone
(possibly yourself) that has an account on the Pootle server that can act as
"language administrator" for Kosrean.  The language admin takes on
responsibility for reviewing PO files and "committing" them for use when
they are complete, so it is typically best if they are a fluent speaker that
can catch errors before they are published.

cjl