[Localization] Please update Etoys translations for upcoming release

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 12:37:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Bert Freudenberg<bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Dear translators,
>
> we are nearing the next big Etoys release, expected to happen in early
> September. I pushed the templates for the latest beta release
> (4.0.2247). We only expect very few string changes in the next weeks.
>
> So please update the translations at
>
> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/etoys/
>
> and also make sure they are pushed.
>
> I have a few questions, too - maybe to Sayamindu:
>
> There are several languages that show 100% coverage but have not seen
> a check-in in a while:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/etoys/log/
>
> How can this be when I checked-in a new POT file two days ago? Isn't
> Pootle picking up the new POT? Is a manual process required to merge
> the translations and the new POT?
    In theory once POT is updated in git, it is automatically merged
into each language PO on Pootle.
    But it seems not working for a while;
    Header of Japanese PO still shows
       "POT-Creation-Date: 2009-04-01 15:46-0000\n"

> If so, do I have to announce every
> POT change on this list?
    It might be hard for usual translators to notice when there is
opportunity to translate new phrases **on Pootle**.  (POT update could
be monitored on etoys-notify lists, but it sometimes isn't available
on Pootle like this :-<)   So announcement before important milestone
should help.

> Also, Chinese and Turkish show twice the actual number of entries,
> what's up with that?
    Pootle seems unstable right now and I can't check ...

/Korakurider