[Localization] [L4T] FLOSS manual on "open translation tools"

Alexander Dupuy alex.dupuy at mac.com
Thu Aug 13 13:46:33 EDT 2009

Hi Peer,

You write:
> What happened to kbabel?

If you mean "what happened to the KBabel project/software," KBabel has
been replaced (in KDE 4) by Lokalize (http://userbase.kde.org/Lokalize).

If you mean "why isn't it listed in the FLOSS manual on open translation
tools," I would agree that if tools like Virtaal are listed, it is an
oversight to omit Lokalize, GTranslator, and POEdit (whatever their
deficiencies might be, they may be more convenient/useful for certain
translators).

The FLOSS manual does appear to be wiki-like (although I can't quite see
how to add a chapter as opposed to editing an existing one) so feel free
to add the missing content yourself!

@alex

mailto:alex.dupuy at mac.com