[Localization] [ANNOUNCE] Pootle is shifting

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 16:57:12 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

Pootle is finally shifting to a new and improved home. From
(hopefully) 12:00 hrs EST tomorrow, Wednesday, April 22, Pootle will
be accessible from translate.sugarlabs.org and translate.laptop.org
(the second url may point to something more OLPC specific once the
transition is taken care of). We plan to make the transition as
seamless as possible, with minimal downtime (though under worst-case
situations, we may see a few hour of downtime). All your user
preferences, translations, accounts, etc will be preserved as it is,
and dev.laptop.org/translate should redirect the user automatically to
the new address.

I will try to keep the community up to date with the progress of the
upgrade as it happens.

After the upgrade, we can hope to see a much faster and responsive
Pootle, with lesser timeouts, and things like searching, etc should
see dramatic improvements.

Thank you,
Sayamindu

--