[Localization] Arabic Font Status

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 10:33:45 EDT 2008

Hi Greg,

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sayamindu, Khaled et al,
>
> Is there a new Arabic font in 8.2-765?
>
> I have a volunteer to help test Arabic but I'm waiting until the new
> font is in before she starts testing.
>
> Let me know the status.
>
> Also, let me know who else can try it out in this release.
>
> If Arabic is not ready yet we can shoot for 8.2.1. The sooner we make it
> work well, the better. 500 x XOs were already handed out in Lebanon and
> more will go to Arabic speaking countries before the end of 2008.

The new fonts are in 8.2-764 and above.

I cannot read Arabic, but one of the still unresolved issues from what
I can see from the UI is the icon mirroring problem (#6562)

Also, during testing Arabic in Write activity, you'll have to
specifically select the Arabic font before doing anything (#2207).
Note that is not an issue which can always be reproduced - sometimes
the characters show up properly, and sometimes they don't.

We also need some more translations. Khaled, any comments on that ? ;-)

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta