[Localization] [sugar] Which to translate: Gulcose82 or Gulcose

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 19:06:22 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 6:20 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 4:58 AM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> I am still confused where we maintain translations for Gulcose
>> activities, Gulcose82 branch or Gulcose trunk.
    Sorry,  s/Gulcose/Suclose/g and I am talking about Fulctose
activities, not about Gulcose.

>> It seems confusing to activity developers also;  most activities are
>> maintained and released on branch,
>>  but I see some on trunk.
>>
>> Some development work have started for 9.2 (Sugar 0.84), but 8.2
>> (Sugar 0.82) is being in last stretch
>> so I have been putting effort to only Gulcose82 these days.  Am I wrong?
>
> That sounds good to me.
   More specifically,  Calculate-24 recently announced was built from trunk.
   It is sad to see translation in branch just skipped :-< (And I
can't commit to trunk - #8588)
   Another example is pippy;  it hasn't had even branch.

   I am NOT calling them bad, I just think there is confusion here.
   If you say about intention to stick with trunk for specific
activity BEFORE you build release, translator could manage to keep up
with it.

>> (Maybe we made the branch too early :-)
>
> Well, 0.84 development is started weeks ago... so we need a branch to host it.
    I know,  but I am talking about Fulctose activities (again sorry
for my mentioning about Gulcose).      I don't think activity
development based upon 0.84 happen at this time.