[Localization] Status on SCIM

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 10:10:46 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org> wrote:
> Seems like the next step is a proof of concept....
>
> What's the basic footprint of SCIM, anyway?
>                     - Jim

I just managed to strip out the perl (and whatnot dependency), and the
base packages (without the keyboard layout data) takes up around 3 MB
(gathered from the rpm -qi information). I have not analysed memory
usage yet, but I guess that will depend on the IMEngine being used
(Chinese and the rest of the CJKV stuff would probably take up much
more memory than others).
Once of the nice things I noticed about SCIM and m17n packaging in
Fedora is that all keyboard layout data are separated into language
specific packages, which should mean some space saving for us.
Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta