[Localization] Khmer Font on XO-1

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 00:20:05 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Mao MJP <mao at mjpasia.org> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> My name is Mao, I am working in Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation as IT Coordinator.

Welcome. Would any of your people be interested in helping us with
localization into Khmer? I am the Khmer localization Administrator.
Details at

http://dev.laptop.org/translate/kh
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle

> Recently, we received 15 XO-1 Laptops. They are fantastic, except that we want to install Khmer fonts or do somehow to use Khmer fonts on the laptop. Starting from November 2008, we planned to teach the school kids in our targeted areas to use the computer. Could somebody please provide me some guidelines and/or help with this issue?

The Khmer OS TT fonts are at
http://www.khmeros.info/drupal/?q=en/download/fonts. You can install
them in the normal manner for Linux. There is also a Khmer keyboard
layout file on the laptops. In Terminal,

setxkbmap kh

At some point you will get laptops that have a keyboard toggle to go
between Khmer and Latin layouts.

> You can reach me at mao at mjpasia.org.
>
> Thank you very much.

And Children are my nation.