[Localization] [IAEP] Linux Caixa Mágica

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:04:04 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:08 AM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> In a previous thread on laptops going to Venezuela, Some sleuths determined
> that the Portuguese distribution Linux Caixa Mágica is shipping on the
> machines as part of a duel boot arrangement.
>
> Is anyone on the list fluent in Portuguese?  Are you willing  to help as an
> ambassador to the Caixa Mágica community.
>
> Caixa is derived from Mandriva.   I have been in contact with Mandriva about
> collaborating on a community level and Walter is arranging a corporate level
> meeting in November.
>
> There is a good description of their development methodology and philosophy
> at
> http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.caixamagica.pt%2Fpag%2Fj-cotct00.php&sl=es&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
> .
>
> thanks
> david
>
> Extra points to anyone who  comes up with contact before Edward does:)

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! See the amazing Web searcher and his performing Google!

Um, David, you do know about OLPC Brasil, don't you? And about our
Portuguese localization teams? It's all in the Wiki.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Category:OLPC_Brazil

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle

[pt] — Portuguese language — português
OTA 	Eduardo H. Silva 	Pootle: HoboPrimate
OTRA 	Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves 	Pootle:

[pt-BR] — Portuguese language — português do Brasil
OTA 	Juliano Bittencourt 	Pootle: juliano
OT 	Eduardo H. Silva 	Pootle: HoboPrimate
OT 	Alexander Dupuy 	Pootle: Dupuy

--
Don't panic.--HHGTTG, Douglas Adams
fivethirtyeight.com, 3bluedudes.com Obama still moving ahead in EC!