[Localization] FLOSS manuals en espanol

Sebastian Silva sebatustra at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 04:31:21 EST 2008

I'll circulate this among our group and contacs.
The local community is pissed about Windows on the XO here.
http://thomas.eduquipa.com/2008/10/08/windows-en-laptops-de-olpc/

The press does not help:
http://www.surnoticias.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3256

Nor our ministry:
http://www.minedu.gob.pe/noticias/index.php?id=6934
(mind the date... spooky).

Giving away 50 laptops for their cheapest beta test has given Microsoft
viral PR. Dishearted geeks now condemn OLPC and not even
Nicholas Negroponte is helping:
http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/9553
Notice how he advertises windows as a feature without even having
been asked.

It should not really be so surprising to see almost community
support coming from Peru.

I'm still passionate about this, only perhaps i'm starting
to hope for a chinese mips 50 dollar laptop that runs sugar and
is really free (as in speech).

Ok sorry for the rant, will let people know about this.

Sebastian

2008/11/22 Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com>:

> It would be really nice to see the Sugar and XO manuals show up here:
>
> http://translate.flossmanuals.net/read
>
> But it looks like there is still a great deal of translation to be done yet.
>
> http://translate.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/XO_es/WebHome
>
> http://translate.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Sugar_es/WebHome
>
> Has this effort flagged after the Peru-based jam to start it off?
>
> Is anyone rallying further efforts to complete this?
>
> cjl

Sebastian Silva
Iniciativa FuenteLibre
http://blog.sebastiansilva.com/