[Localization] language pack error

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 01:01:05 EST 2008

Hi.

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Myckel Habets <myckel at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> The Dutch language pack seems to throw an error when trying to install
> it.
>
> chown missing operand after 'olpc:olpc'
> Try 'chown --help' for more information.
>
> The language files don't seem to get installed.
    How did you confirm that?  If you obserbed only the error,
language files seemed to get installed properly. (see below)

> Are there more people who encountered this error? Any solutions?
   I have seen similar behavior with langpack for my language (Japanese).

   By "./*_lang_pack_v2.sh --keep --noexec", you could unpack contents
the pack and review setup.sh in it.
   The error message should come from this line:

       find /home/olpc/Activities -uid 0 -print0 | xargs -0 chown olpc:olpc

   It try to fix file owner if there is something wrong.
   So if "xargs -0 chown olpc:olpc" balk no argument error, there
should not any wrong stuff on your box :-)

   hope this helps.
/Korakurider