[Localization] [X-Posted] Help with Amharic keyboard

TG tefera at mekuria.com
Fri May 30 14:08:18 EDT 2008

Hi Sayamindu
That is a curious looking character:-). I looked in to the basic, the
supplement and the extended ethiopic character charts and there is nothing
that looks like that. I don't think that is part of the ethiopic character
set.
I previously raised the issue of character ጨ (u+1328). All most all variants
of Ethiopic keyboard that are in use to day use the position C (shift +c)
which is the most logical place. instead on OLPC keyboard it is stuck up
there with a character that it has no similarity at all. it should fallow
the same logic as the characters ተ(u+1270) and ጠ(u+1320). I have just
created a ticket http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7136 . I don't know if you
have any thing to do with this kind of bug but would be nice to correct it
as soon as possible.