[Localization] Turkish Keyboard.

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed May 7 18:37:55 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Alp Simsek <alpstein at
mit.edu<http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/devel>>
wrote:
>* there should be a V between C and B and the on the attached Q-keyboard,
*>* that is, the line that starts with a Z should read: Z,X,C,V,B,N,M,Ö,Ç,:
and
*>* the shift character
*>*
*>* The \ character before the shift character should be moved up and should
*>* be part of the character that is currently *?
*>* (I have in front of me a Turkish keyboard at the moment).
*
**
You will also have to move the | (pipe character) in order to make room to
insert the missing V-key between C and B.  From the Q-type design
pictured here:

http://www.lakefolks.org/cnt/Screen-Shot-13r.jpg
it seems possible that people might be expecting to find the | (pipe) on the
same key as the < (less than) and > (greater than) key, over three keys to
the right on your layout.  Although in that picture, the key with these is
on the left side of the keyboard and ms diagram seems uninformative on this
point.

Both the ms diagram and the lakefolks diagrams also show the ae
digraph/ligature on the A-key and the es-zett or scharfes-s symbol on the
S-key, possibly some borrowed words from German are common?  I don't think
is is a lower case beta from the pictures. No indoication on AWikipedia of
why the es-zett might be on some variants of Q-type.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9F

Seeing as how the letter V was left off entirely the first time around, it
might be worth trying to find out about the other two characters.