[Localization] Feature/string freeze exception: Feedback for registration

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 05:38:33 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 8:27 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> it has been requested that we add to the current release a new feature
>>> after the freeze: Feedback for registration
>>>
>>> After eben's suggestion we have implemented an alert that is displayed in the home
>>> view that gives if information if the registration with the schoolserver failed or
>>> not. The code has been reviewed as well.
>>>
>>> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6136
>>>
>>> It contains some new strings - that is why i ask as well for this exception.
>>>

>> +1
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sayamindu
>>

> Is in git - so you can start translating.
   No; the fact that code with changed string has been commited
doesn't mean we can translate it.  We translators need to wait for new
POT is generated and merged into each POs on Pootle server  by weekly
job (see recent discussion:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/localization/2008-July/001226.html
and http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization/Workflow#_note-0)
So please think about needed lead time (POT merge, actual translation,
and your package build to pull translations)  if you want to change
strings when we are very close to release date...

/Korakurider