[Localization] [ADMINISTRATIVE] Dealing with Pootle problems

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:41:16 EDT 2008

Hello,

Of recent, some of our users have been facing various problems with
Pootle, which usually requires my attention.
The normal course of action is a) I get a mail b) I fix the problem c)
I let the user know that the problem has been fixed.
However, due to the huge amount of mail arriving in my inbox on a
daily basis, some mails have been dropped to the floor, which is not
nice.
So, I have decided to make use of our Request Tracker installation to
keep track of incoming administrative requests

If you face a problem in Pootle, which is affecting the way in which
you (or others) would normally work, please mail
translate at rt.laptop.org, stating the problems you are facing.
The request will get logged in our Request Tracker installation, which
would help me to resolve the issues as soon as possible.

However, please note that requests like addition of new languages,
addition of new projects, etc, follow the old workflow, and they
should be done via Trac at dev.laptop.org
You should use translate at rt.laptop.org for things like
* Forgotten passwords
* Error messages in Pootle
* Pootle being unresponsive

Some things that you should initially do to try and resolve your
problems include

* Log out, and log in again, with the language choice at log in time
being set to "Default"
* Avoiding searching or uploading for large files (eg: Etoys). If you
need to upload/merge a large file, mail translate at rt.laptop.org

Thanks,
Sayamindu

PS: It would be awesome if someone can edit
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle/FAQ and add the information in this
mail to the page.

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta