[Localization] How do we manage translation effort in Release, process/roadmap?

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 12:47:41 EDT 2008

Hi Sayamindu,

Great work, thanks for taking up the gauntlet on this!

One question for you, how much lead time do you need to do the translations?

Assuming something like "final test" starts 15 days before the target
release date, when do we need to tell the developers to "freeze" all of
their strings?

Possible dates are 90 days before target release day and 60 days before
target release day.

Let me know which of those you prefer or if you think a different lead
time is warranted.

Thanks,

Greg S