[Localization] Can you give me some advice regrading starting localization in Telugu ( South India) Language.

Satyanarayana Murthy Saladi saladism at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 07:35:00 EST 2008

Hi,
I am interested in Telugu localization and submitted a
ticket<http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6001>as per instructions.
How ever I am not a technical person and needs to learn quite a bit.
I know there are few GPL fonts in Telugu and OLPC has Telugu keyboard
layout.
So here are my 2 questions

1) How will I find out what font OLPC uses for Telugu, so that I can use the
same for my translations?
I am not even sure if this is a relevant question.

( I am currently using RTS with SCIM in Ubuntu machine with English keyboard
as per instructions<http://www.swecha.org/wiki/Input#Debian_Etch_and_Ubuntu_Gutsy_Gibbon_7.10>.
)
How ever I want to use the font  OLPC uses.

2) If I do not have technical ability to start Localization, At least,
I want to get all the words for core projects
as a text file so that I can translate in my computer and manually enter
them when some brighter person starts
localization. So it possible to get the words as text file so that I can
start the process.

If you think I should RTFM, please point that to me.

with warm regards to all.
Satyanarayana Murthy Saladi.