[Localization] [Announce] Scratch translations

Evelyn Eastmond evhan55 at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 18 12:07:31 EST 2008

Hi Sayamindu,

The Scratch source tree I sent you already had Japanese, Arabic, Chinese,
Hebrew, etc.
Were those not present in the files?
If not, can you hold a few minutes and I can send them to you?

On second though, I believe the issue might be that the Scratch activity
currently available for download does not support the Unicode character set
for those characters that aren't ISO-Latin.
Would you prefer to wait on putting those languages on Pootle until the
Scratch activity gets updated with UTF8 support?

~Evelyn

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 16:44 +0100, Alexander Todorov wrote:
> >
> > Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have added a test project for Scratch[1] in Pootle. You can access
> > > the project from https://dev.laptop.org/translate/projects/scratch/
> >
> > Hi Sayamindu,
> > How exactly do you choose the languages to go under "Scratch"? It looks
> like not
> > all languages from Pootle are included. You're trying to test during
> this week
> > but what if translators for these languages are not active but the other
> ones
> > are? Please consider adding all languages under Scratch.
>
> Oh - I had just added the languages that were already in the Scratch
> source tree. I'll add the other active languages ASAP.
> Thanks,
> Sayamindu
>
> --

Evelyn Eastmond