[Localization] Start translating from a random message in Pootle

Pierre Métras genepi at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 7 11:35:01 EST 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008 11:25, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> I don't think this can be done - but I need to confirm with the
> upstream developers.
> Thanks,
> Sayamindu

Hi Sayamindu,

If you can ask them to add a feature in Pootle to start translating from a
random message, or from a specified message number, it would be great too!
The problem I face is with eToys which has a *big* message file. Pootle offers
the options to start translating from the first message (or from the last).
The first (resp. last) bunch of messages have already been translated and
it's almost impossible to reach an untranslated slice of messages: you have
to paginate too many times, displaying N messages at a time.
There's a feature to select the untranslated messages, but the web server
times out before the request completes.
So at the present time, that's almost impossible to continue translating eToys
with Pootle Web interface.

Pierre Métras