[Localization] How to submit an activity for localization?

Pierre Métras genepi at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 6 22:32:24 EST 2008

Hi,

I've written a simple clock activity
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Clock_activity). The code is so simple that I
don't use a source repository or host it on dev.laptop.org yet. But I want it
to support localization. Is it possible to have the pot/po files on the
Pootle server and reconcile manually the translations?

Also, at the present time, would be localised messages are quite limited:
activity title, hour marks and day/date formats. I will add new features if I
feel the need, like digital clock display or alarm. But I have a few idiot
questions. Do all analog clocks look the same in all cultures? For instance,
could hands turn counter clock wise in right to left reading civilisations?
Or with a different number of hands? Or for digital clocks, do they all use
arabic (1, 2, 3...) or localized digits? Apart from the 12/24 hours display,
is the format always HH:MM:SS? Or is time display one of the few points where
humanity has agreed on a common representation?

Pierre Métras