[Localization] [Etoys] [Etoys-notify] Commit from Pootle by user sayamindu

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 03:54:11 EST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 11:44 AM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sayamindu,
>
> On Feb 1, 2008 5:43 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 31, 2008 11:16 PM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >    Can we validate it within built-in test of Pootle or can we add new
> > > test suite?
> > >    And it would be great if we run testing periodically and publish
> > > test report at somewhere,
> > >    then we could monitor how healthy translations are and check it
> > > before commit.
>
> <snip>
>
> > Regarding test suite - I have plans on adding pre commit hooks to Git
> > which can detect if PO files are malformated, and stop the commit.
> > However, I don't think this can be done immediately, and it is low
> > priority for me atm.
>     Well, it would be great if commit transaction makes sure required
> tests pass.
>     But I think just to compile PO with msgfmt periodically from cron
> job would helps us greatly.

Yeah - I'm trying to come up with a script which does that. It would
walk the entire translations directory, running msgfmt --check for all
.po files.

> > However, Pootle has a few tools which lets you check PO files - and I
> > have been encouraging the translators to use them - see
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization/Testing#Testing_the_PO_files
>      I reviewed currently existing tests,  StartPunc/EndPunc and Newline seem
>      close to our requirement to avoid this error.  I will check it out.
>
>      And let me ask again: can we add new test for Pootle (by writing
> test class in Python for instance)?

Yes - you can. Take a look at the translate toolkit - which is used by Pootle.

Btw - could you guys check if
http://dev.laptop.org/~sayamindu/etoys.po is OK. This is a new
translation which might be useful for you. It is in Pootle, and I can
commit it if you want.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--