[Localization] October timeframe...

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 14:35:26 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 9:56 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
> I met with Valerie Taylor (http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Vtaylor), an
> instructor at DeAnza College in the SF Bay Area. She has a class full of
> multilingual students who have to spend a chunk of time towards earning
> credits in Community Service Learning (CSL). We are thinking of
> organizing a translation jam/sprint type activity (jointly with our
> campus as well), but the timeframe for this will be mid October.
>
> I'm trying to assess what branch will need work around that time. If
> this doesn't work, let me know what timeframe does. We'll start making a
> list of talent in the mean time.

This sounds awesome!! October 7th is the date when strings get frozen
for Sucrose 0.84[1], and so the timing of mid October would be
awesome. Students should ideally work on Glucose, Honey and Fructose,
and more enthusiastic ones (or the ones whose languages are already
well supported) can move on to Etoys and Scratch.

Thanks for this,
Cheers,
Sayamindu

[1] http://sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Roadmap/0.84