[Localization] [PROPOSAL] Change PILGRIM_LOCALES_* to better reflect the current situation

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 05:34:54 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,
Currently our pilgrim installation filters out translations from RPMs
that it installs. I'm not sure what is the logic behind this action,
but it seems that this is an effort to conserve space. However, since
activities are not yet managed via Pilgrim, only the sugar (base
libraries: ie sugar, sugar-toolkit and sugar-base) translations get
filtered out, which probably saves around half a megabyte.

I would suggest that

a) This filtering system gets dropped entirely

OR

b) To reflect the current and near future deployments (including G1G1
2008) and the level of translations that we have in Pootle, the
variables get changed to

en:es:ar:pl:pt_BR:pt:it:fr:ht:el:mn:mr_IN:th:am_ET:km_KH:ne_NP:ur_PK:rw:ja:de:tr:te:ps:fa_AF:si

Both PILGRIM_LOCALES_JFFS2 and PILGRIM_LOCALES_EXT3 need to be
changed, since Qemu builds will also need to the translations.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta