[Localization] Fwd: [bytesforall_readers] Fwd: Online Hindi (Devanagri) to Urdu Transliteration System

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 17:26:38 EDT 2008

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [bytesforall_readers] Fwd: Online Hindi (Devanagri) to
Urdu Transliteration System
To: bytesforall_readers at yahoogroups.com
Cc: abdur.rashid at hotmail.com, OLPC Localization list
<localization at lists.laptop.org>

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 6:59 AM, Frederick Noronha
<fredericknoronha at grouply.com> wrote:
> --- In urdu_computing at yahoogroups.com, "Abdur" <arnandan at ...> wrote:
>

> Dear All,
>
>       I have developed a web interface for Hindi (Devanagri)
> to Urdu Transliteration. Its current version is on this web address
> http://www.malerkotla.org/Transh2u.aspx .  I request all of you to spare
> some time to visit this link and mail your suggestions. So that I can
> further improve this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Regards
>
> Abdur Rashid
>
> --- End forwarded message ---

Thanks, Abdur Rashid. I tried it out (below). Are you going to do Urdu
to Hindi as well?

We can make great use of this in Linux localization at Red Hat,
Debian, Ubuntu, and One Laptop Per Child, which has projects in India,
Pakistan, and many other countries. See
http://dev.laptop.org/translate for specifics.

This also great for tabla bols.

--
Silent Thunder [ 默雷 / शब्दगर्ज / شبدگر ج ] is my name,
And Children are my nation.