[Localization] request to be translator of pt_PT

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 20:02:48 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Eduardo Heleno <hoboprimate at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've translated most of Sugar a few months ago to Brazilian portuguese.
> Now, I'd like to be the maintaner of the European portuguese translation.
> This is especially important for me, because my government has made a deal
> with Intel to provide Classmates 2 to primary school kids, and I would like
> to provide a Sugar alternative, fully internationalized. Could I be given
> the rights to translate pt_PT in Pootle?

Eduardo,

Just FYI, the pt_PT lang-packs may also be of interest to a small (200) XO
deployment that has recently started in Mozambique.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Mozambique

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12312003@N07

I believe they are currently using the Brazilian lang-packs, but I would
suspect that pt_PT would be a closer match.  It is an interesting example of
a corporate-responsibility funded effort by a major US entertainment firm  (
http://xo.caa.com ) and the Mozambique firm that they buy their
carbon-offset credits from.  The support gang had the chance to hear from
the CAA rep (Rachael Kropa) that lead the deployment training recently.
When you have completed pt_PT, we should definitely make them aware of the
option.