[Localization] Some statistics

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 10:15:41 EDT 2008

Hello,
Now that Sugar 0.82 is out, I fired up a spreadsheet and did some
calculations to find out which languages have attained a level of
"significant support" (eg > 80% of XO Core and Bundled translated).
The results are

	Language	        Overall %
	=========================
	Greek		100
	Sinhala		100
	Turkish		100
	Dutch		99
	German		99
	Kinyarwanda	98.5
	Spanish		97.5
	Nepali		97.5
	Italian		97
	Kreyol		97
	Marathi		96.5
	Mongolian	        95.5
	French		95
	Telugu		94
	Urdu		        93.5
	Slovenian	        82.5
	Dari		        80
	Pashto		80

Though this is not very accurate, we have around 18 languages with
"significant support". The main reason for the possible inaccuracy is
that we do not have a clear distinction between Glucose, Fructose and
"Extra Activities" yet in Pootle. However, that will be fixed by
Monday (hopefully).

Thanks to all the teams for their wonderful work.
Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta