[Localization] Cannot create new accounts on OLPC Pootle

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:02:50 EDT 2008

Fixed. Some of the PO files seem to have a weird character at the very
beginning (something from the Unicode private use area), causing
msgfmt to choke.

For cases like yours, (and Bastien's), please mail
translate at rt.laptop.org to ensure that this does not get lost in my
mailbox. :-)

Cheers,
Sayamindu

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Evelyn Eastmond <evelyn at media.mit.edu> wrote:
> That report came on August 2th, 3 days ago.
>
> -Evelyn
>
> Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
>
> When was this ? I think I fixed a similar kind of error somedays back.
> Thanks,
> Sayamindu
>

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Evelyn Eastmond <evelyn at media.mit.edu>
> wrote:
>

> I have a few translators who can sign in, but they can't submit translations
> because they get errors.
> Here is an example of an error report:
>
> " However, when I then went to
> https://dev.laptop.org/translate/projects/scratch/ and clicked on 'Danish',
> I got the error
>
>     Error
>
>     'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
>
> Moreover, this error now also appears when I try to login to the site.
> Logging out and logging in again does not help."
>
> Any ideas?
> - Evelyn
>
> Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
>
> Does it still happen ?
> Could you please check ?
> Thanks,
> Sayamindu
>
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Bastien <bastienguerry at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>

> When trying to register a new account on the Pootle with a XO,
> I get this error (since yesterday evening):
>
> ,----
> | 'ascci' codec can't decode byte Oxce in position 2: ordinal not in
> range(128)
> `----
>
> Anyone experienced this?
>
> --