[Localization] code comments?

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 05:09:57 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 3:17 AM, Kent Loobey <kent at uoregon.edu> wrote:
> I was thinking about code documentation this morning.  If the code is supposed
>  to be readable all over the world then how does the comments within the code
>  get translated?
   I thought same thing.  Source text is just text, I don't think we
want to embed comments for each language in same place (quite
difficult to read!)....   Traditional code editing tools don't fit
well here.  Any clue?
   Besides comments in code, we understand code by name of class,
data, method.  Good code have good names showing meaning clearly and
that doesn't need much comment.
   I think those are usually named in English if the code is indented
to be used globally.  So English skill might be needed anyway to
understand the code very well ...

/Korakurider