[Localization] Call for Translators, Coordinators & Volunteers

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 23:48:53 EDT 2007

Hi!

We seem to be getting the L10n effort under way (in a new server),
and the subject pretty much sums up the situation:

We need
- translators (obviously),
- coordinators (that can actually manage each language) and
- volunteers (the universal glue?)

All languages are welcome, but it should be noted that there's a
need for those languages used in the 'green countries', which
are: Amharic, Arabic, English, Spanish, French, Hausa, Hindi,
Igbo, Nepali, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Kinyarwanda, Thai,
Urdu, & Yoruba.

I've updated the [[Localization]] page, noting that the previous
workflow for submitting translations using tickets is being
dropped (translations are going to be primarily on-line), making
reference to the [[Pootle]] page (that still needs some
club^H^H^H^H polishing) about its use. For future administrators
the [[Pootle/Administration]] could be of interest.

One of the nice features of Pootle is the ability to have
glossaries that are used to propose translated terms dynamically
in the web-gui (thus helping keep a homogeneous terminology). So
I made rude first approach in [[Pootle/Glossary]] that could also
do with some reviewing...

If you are interested in participating, at the bottom of the
[[Pootle]] page there's a table for signing up.
Note: From previous mails, I took the liberty of signing up Khaled
Hosny [ar], Simos Xenitellis [el] and Maxim Osipov [ru].

Questions, suggestions, ideas, etc. are all welcome!

Cheers,
Xavier

[[Localization]] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization
[[Pootle]] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle