[Localization] OLPC dictionary

Sabine Cretella s.cretella at wordsandmore.it
Fri May 4 15:13:10 EDT 2007

Hi,

well: the dictionary is one of those parts where we were hassling around
for quite some time on how to get it on the way. Fact is that working on
OmegaWiki.org directly was too much of a hassle for most people and so
it was almost impossible to get things on their way. Now, together with
Zdenek of dict.info we created tables of terms that are already in his
database + ours are going to be added.

People are working on various languages and various features
(terminology, hyphenation, IPA, classification). I am now going one
language at a time searching for people who want to contribute.

Now: if some of you want to contribute to the dictionary as well - the
actual list has approx. 1100 entries - it would be great if you
contacted me. Of course all languages are welcome since we don't know
which language combinations will be relevant to who and: the dictionary
can definitely be used by all children anywhere in the world, even by
those who don't get an OLPC laptop, but have an own computer at home.

Btw. also pictures and soundfiles with the pronunciation of words will
be welcome. All of it obviously under a free license.

Thank you for your time and attention!

Best, Sabine

p.s. I know I have to come back to some other themes as well - will do
that asap.