[Localization] Localization update

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 17:02:47 EDT 2007

Samuel Klein wrote:

> OLPC is handling of downstream localization through Fedora's
> managemnet system.  There's a Summer of code student working on this;
> to improve interfaces across the project.
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_Translations
>
> Please update and comment on that page, and update your activities
> accordingly.
>
> 1. Marco and Blizzard at RedHat is tracking how this is progressing In
> a week or so I hear from J5 there will be automated incorporation of
> newly posted translations that are filed in olpc's trac -- marco, can
> you describe how this will work?  What kinds of statistics will we
> have of l10n completion?

You can actually check it out. This is for Fedora, but we will have the
same for OLPC as soon as some problems with the web server are fixed:

http://translate.fedoraproject.org/releases/fedora-7

You can see statistics and grab the translation you are interested to
work on. Soon you will also able to push the new/updated translation to
the code repository directly from the web interface.

Marco