[Localization] The virtue of being fuzzy...

Carlo Falciola cfalciola at yahoo.it
Tue Dec 4 12:28:30 EST 2007

Xavier,

First of all thanks a lot for pointing me to the HUG
docs that look exceptionally precious.

For the "Mesh" I was nursing the idea not to translate
because it seems a term that will soon have a semantic
 value as itself, like "WWW" as example, or "file" (I
still remember an IBM PC manual back in the eighties,
in which  thay translated all file in a really weird
italian "catalogo" that never holds the same meaning
as the original counterpart).
Anyway I think that we should set up some kind of
coordination on the "not to translate" terms (if any).

> When in doubt, I usually hit Wikipedia
>and then follow the links into Spanish...

My approach was also to setup a QUEMU emulator for the
OLPC in order to see the real contest of strings.

ciao e grazie
Carlo