[LB-XO-LiveCD] questions

Jane Bonwell janeinindy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 14:19:42 EDT 2008

I downloaded "the bleeding edge joyride versio of the XO-LiveCD", currently
XO-LiveCD_080607.iso

I know little about the use of live CDs.  I bought one for SimplyMepis for a
class on Linux at SeniorNet.  As I understand it, it was to Live to prevent
accidents to the rest of my computer files.  However, I could not use it to
get online, I believe.

Now, I have a new laptop, with only SUSE.9 on it.  I bought a book:  "Linux
for Dummies" and I am stuck there.

Question:  Is it possible to just *copy *this file which is on my hard disk
to a blank CD?
Instructions seem to say this file needs to be on a CD, and then moved to a
fresh CD. If not, then I should buy a XO-LiveCD?

I had a couple of G1G1 last year which have been sent on to children, but I
became enamoured with the whole big idea, and have been following progress
of this tool's acceptance. I have been told I may download SUGAR, and I
would like to "play with it" as I return to tutoring a first grade child at
a nearby elementary school in Indianapolis.

Question:  The book "Linux for Dummies" has a DVD in it, which could be
fitted into my new laptop.  I have never owned anything but a PC, so I am
ignorant here too.
Would you offer a suggestion in regard to this as well?  I have no intention
to become a developer, tho.  Thanks, JaneB