[LB-XO-LiveCD] livebackup-xo-cd mailing list

wolfgang at rohrmoser-engineering.de wolfgang at rohrmoser-engineering.de
Mon Mar 17 16:11:50 EDT 2008

Hello Niklaus,

On Sunday 16 March 2008 21:55, Niklaus Giger wrote:
> Hi

> but got neither an answer, nor could I search the archives.

you are the first who tried to post to the mailing list. I will check
what is going wrong. Hopefully we will have more traffic soon.

> Today I successfully started livebackup-xo-cd on my MacMini.
> I am working with olpc-ch and very interested in a LiveCD.
> Even more with a LiveUSB-stick, as it would be faster to boot and
> easier to test some modification.

Good to know that it works on a MacMini. Using a USB-Stick works
straight forward and I tested it on different hardware. A How-To
documentation does not exist yet, but I am working on a LiveBackup script
which automates the necessary steps.

> As you see in http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Switzerland and
> http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/olpc-ch we are working here in
> Switzerland too.
>
> I downloaded the git for livebackup-xo-cd and would like to propose
> some additions for the Swiss variants (see attached patch).

Thank you for your contribution. This week I plan to release a new XO-LiveCD
version and I will integrate your work.

> Not yet tested, as I do not know how to generate a initrd from your
> sources and was unable to unzip/cpio the initrd.

The initrd is a cramfs image. you could mount it:

  mount -t cramfs -o loop initrd /mnt

but you should not need to change the initrd for testing

> If you tell me how, I am glad to update the Documentation/Readme.txt
>
> Best regards

best regards

       Wolfgang