[LB-XO-LiveCD] Tester gesucht : nach einige versuch in französisch, welche test ?

Aime Vareille aime.vareille at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 23 05:11:07 EDT 2008

Hi Kurt,
I only know the XO-LiveCD_080321.iso since yesterday.
The boot on an old ACER TravelMate is OK (cf.
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/aime.vareille/AcerTravelMate245LC/ with 1 GB
RAM today).
It seems roughly to work, however there is still few thinks to translate
from english to french and it would be interesting to follow a testing
guide or method for collecting all the observations.
It is really a great idea this XO-LiveCD for all the children, students,
teachers and parents, and I hope that a lot of people could participate
through the mailing list or structured blogs or wiki.
I have an EeePC since saturday and use it with
eeexubuntu-7.10.3-desktop-i386.iso installed on an 8 GB USB key in
persistent mode so I can keep the Xandros original Linux for further
investigation and progress in using more ressources with the xubuntu key
(e.g. the use of the built-in webcam with ucview ...).
In fact I made this xubuntu USB key for my ordipost used as shared
protected environment based on the ENT Prométhée (Prométhée is a kind of
VLE : Virtual Learning Environment ; cf. http://hypervision.dyndns.org/
(sorry for the french explanations), and
http://hypervision.dyndns.org/epl for the extranet portal where You can
open account).
Then, this xubuntu USB key in persistent mode is very usefull to boot on
many PC and to adapt to all the hardware encountered in order to develop
more ubiquitous ability.
In other word I will strive to prepare a XO-LivePersistentUSBkey in
order to help one of my daughter which is teacher in knowing and using
that fantastic ressource with the ability to adapt as far as possible on
all available open hardware.
One of the problem is that XO is based on Fedora 7 and today it is
Fedora 8 and I have to work with debian or ubuntu or gentoo and sometime
with mandriva, suse ... It is not so easy to have more Linuxes on my
MacBook which need now Leopard or to have too many USBkey and PCs ... Is
it possible to adapt XO on xubuntu or preferable to keep it on Fedora 7
What kind of test You expect that could help XO ?
I will explore the parents point of view and the enterprise one also,
because it is important to think to the integration of students in their
new job and help parents in having jobs and projects for the family life
(i.e. I am involved in the cgenial french fundation :
http://lmc.ac-grenoble.fr/~cgenial/ ).
Regards
Aimé Vareille