[linux-mm-cc] linux-2.6.36, builtin zram: sys/block/zram0/blocksize kaputt

clemens fischer ino-news at spotteswoode.dnsalias.org
Sun Oct 31 16:25:01 EDT 2010

'uname -rms' -> Linux 2.6.36-spott i686

Hi,

I've been running compcache.googlecode.com/hg since 2.6.34.x.  The
latest interface needed only

    echo "$disksize" > /sys/block/zram0/disksize &&
    mkswap -L zram0 /dev/zram0 && swapon -p 55 /dev/zram0

and I got compressed swap for what little my machine usually had to do
with swapping, keeping thos eblocks off the disk.

Now this interface seems gone from what I read in zram.txt, and the
older zramconfig was resurrected.

Is this going to be permanent or was an older compcache version merged?
If it is permanent, where do I get the userspace from, I mean, what hg
version do I need to check out for them?  I noticed zramconfig somewhere
in the repo, but they must be in older revisions, because the current
code doesn't have it.

gruss, clemens fischer
regards, clemens fischer