[linux-mm-cc] Compcache On Arm 32 bit

Vijayendra Suman vijayendra.suman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 02:00:23 EDT 2009

Hi Nitin,

Nice to hear so early, :)

At what point are you checking for this bit - just before
> ramzswap_make_request()
> returns or somewhere else? How are you checking it?

I put a breakpoint in __do_kernel_fault, This is called whenever there is
page fault with atomic context or from kernel thread.
I am only interested in the atomic context wing execution.

I take the page table entry(pte) value, mm->pgd gives me the value and the
faulting address which is the second parameter to this.
Arm has two copies PTE entry,
1) H/W pte
2) S/W pte
H/W pte lies 2kb below, when i check this It is always 1 even when there is
a page fault which mean there was a exception even though the page was still
lieing around in the RAM.

Also i see both H/W and S/W pte copy is same which means both are in sync

I am not sure if the pte_present bit has any significance in the ARM's case,
though i have seen the x86 manual it tells abt the it which is why i am
little confused.