No subject

Thu Jun 4 06:40:08 EDT 2009

If this is the case,
then concurrent swap-in does not look like the reason for this.

> I can give a better detailed question/problem if the above is not clear.

At what point are you checking for this bit - just before
ramzswap_make_request()
returns or somewhere else? How are you checking it?

> Please feel free to give me suggestion how can i verify if the page is
> actaully able to swap out to the swap device node in our case it is on RAM.

return value of 0 from ramzswap_make_request() means that the page is
indeed swapped out. The pte_present bit can still be set due to concurrent
swap-in as described above.

Thanks,
Nitin