[linux-mm-cc] Hi - new joinee

Nitin Gupta nitingupta910 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 08:10:40 EST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 3:38 PM, nidhi mittal <nidhimittal19 at gmail.com> wrote:
> i have compiled it successfully
> its inserted too using use_compcache.sh script easily
> now i have 2.6.18 kernel with me....
>
> 1.but how to test it functionality ....

Start lot of apps so your system starts swapping. Once compcache is
enabled, these pages will be swapped to virtual block device named
/dev/ramzswap0 (see /proc/swaps and /proc/compcache).

> 2.how do i understand the purpose of various functions written in it ...what
> is basic purpose of the compcache ...
> actually the matter given on your webpage on gogle is very less to
> understand the scheme you are using to implement it .....

Code itself contains very less documentation/comments. My bad.
Still, basic understanding of block device drivers should help you
understand the code.

> kindly provide some doc --- explaining scheme you are using ... design doc
> any thing may be briefing of algo steps procedure anything .....
> or any link will be appreciated ..

Unfortunately, no such docs exist.

- Nitin