[linux-mm-cc] compcache-0.6 is released
ngupta at vflare.org
Wed Aug 19 11:15:52 EDT 2009
compcache-0.6 is released! It brings some new features and incorporates
major code re-organization. Thanks to all who reported bugs on pre-release
- Support for file as backing swap. Earlier versions (0.5.x) only
allow using a
block device as backing swap.
- Support for ARM (0.5.x crashes on ARM).
- Support for multiple /dev/ramzswapX devices.
- New rzscontrol utility to manage various ramzswap devices: setting
initializing, resetting, stats collection.
- Support for swap free notify callback. This will give ramzswap a
soon as a swap page becomes free -- stale data, no more!
- A separate patch is included in compcache/patches/ directory that
in kernel swap path to enable this feature.
- Rest of ramzswap remains as separate modules. It is usable on
or without this patch. Of course, without patch, ramzswap will
For help, please refer:
x86, x64, ARM (Google Android, Nokia N810, BeagleBoard).
[Thanks to all who helped with testing on ARM]
Please report any issues using Issue tracker:
More information about the linux-mm-cc