[linux-mm-cc] compcache-0.5.3 released!
ngupta at vflare.org
Wed Apr 8 06:10:15 EDT 2009
compacache-0.5.3 is released!
This brings *major* cleanups. There are also changes in name for
module and parameters.
See README included or
http://code.google.com/p/compcache/wiki/CompilingAndUsing for details.
Changelog 0.5.3 vs 0.5.2:
- Major cleanups.
- Rename module: compcache.ko -> ramzswap.ko
- Rename params: backing_dev -> backing_swap
- Updated use_compcache.sh script with detailed
documentation on parameters.
- LZO de/compress modules are no longer packaged
with compcache. Most distros now include these.
This time around we could not get it included in mainline mainly
because of lack of performance data.
So, we need data that shows:
- cases where it helps performance or allows more apps to run than otherwise.
- cases where it hurts performance.
I hope will can push it to mainline once we have these numbers.
For stress testing, you can use 'scan' benchmark found on this page:
More information about the linux-mm-cc