[linux-mm-cc] Ubuntu/Debian packaging

Johan Kiviniemi linux-mm-cc-list at johan.kiviniemi.name
Thu Mar 27 04:03:52 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 04:51:23PM +0900, John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
> There has also been work done specifically on Ubuntu:
> See:
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+bug/200765

Thanks.

I am aware of this work, and my work is intended to coexist with that.

My package builds:

• A compcache-source package for use with module-assistant.

  This is an alternative to having compcache in e.g. linux-ubuntu-
  modules (think Debian users).

• A compcache-utils package which contains debconf magic to configure
  the cache size easily as well as an init script to initialize the
  cache early in the startup.

  It is entirely compatible with having compcache in linux-ubuntu-
  modules.

Sincerely,
--
Jοhan Kiviniemi  http://johan.kiviniemi.name/