[linux-mm-cc] Announce: ccache release 0.1

John McCabe-Dansted gmatht at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 23:07:11 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Nitin Gupta <nitingupta910 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/193267
>  >   http://www.ucc.asn.au/~mccabedj/ccache/Screenshot-Hardy-fdccache.png
>  > Installing Hardy to /dev/ccache sound like a great idea ;)
>
>  Yeah. Interesting :)  - /dev/ccache really should not be visible there
>  since its _not_ possible to install on this device! This is not a
>  _generic_ block device and can be used only as a swap disk. However, I
>  am not sure how to make it invisible to installer (maybe load module
>  after partitioning step is over?).

Well, renaming /dev/compcache to something like ramcswap hides it from
the installer. Presumably the installer is smart enough to know that
it shouldn't install to anything starting with "ram". Any Linux based
installer should have a similar feature, given the existence of
/dev/ram0 etc.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted
PhD Student